Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2008 at 02:21

Any known issues in STM32F103VB??

3 REPLIES 3
varun
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:20

Hi All,

I have been planning to use STM32F103VB for one of our product ( i.e. Energy Meter), because of the rich peripheral and performance claims by ST. However I would like to know if there are any serious known issues of the processor. We are bulk manufacturer and our product sticks to many EMI/EMC norms.

I will be greatly thankful for the cooperation and suggestions.

Regards,

Varun Goyal

Entity Solutions Ltd.

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear Varun,

The STM32 family products are well designed for applications like Glucose meters, Power/energy meters and Battery operated applications, so STM32F103VB is well suited to your products.

For more details about your question, I advice you to have a look on our latest datasheet :

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/13587.pdf

EMI/EMC levels are described in Section 5.3.11, then you can refer to Obsolute maximum Rating and I/O Characteristics.

Some Important notes are also detailed in Appendix A.

If you would like to get Direct Support from ST, I recommand you to get contact with our Marketing/Sales and Design Center in India.

Regards,

STOne-32.

varun
Associate II

Thanks ST-One,

In fact I'll be glad to inform you that our hardware team has decided to go for STM32F101CBT6, since we need not to spend for the features like USB and CAN that are available in higher versions(Performance line).

We are in touch with your sales/marketing team here in India, and probably in next week we'll be going for a short training too.

Let's hope for the best........ 🙂