Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2008 at 13:10

Strange Problem with StarterKit ST7

6 REPLIES 6
thomas_dold
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:15

Hello,

I've bought the StarterKit ST7 für driving Brushless DC Motors. Now I've the problem that the sensormode don't work correctly. In the controlpanel the RPM aren't displayed anymore. Also the regulation doesn't work.

The sensorlessmode works fine. Also I've controlled the signal of the halls. Nothing is wrong with them.

Do you have any idea?

THANKS

Best Regards

Thomas Dold

thomas_dold
Associate II

Dear Tanio,

thank you for your fast reply.

Yes all jumpersettings are correct. Finally the motor drives. But the regulation and the display of the RPM don't work.

Thomas

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

switching from sensorless to sensored mode, three jumpers (w14, w15, w16) must be configured in such a way the MCU is able to read the hall signals (not necessary in sensorless mode).

Did you perform these settings?

If not, please, refer to User Manual on page 94 for all other jumpers configuration.

Regards,

Tanio

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

have you a scope for checking signal integrity from hall sensor outputs? that is, 3 signals phase shifted by 60 (or 120, I do not remember) degrees...

Tanio

thomas_dold
Associate II

Hi Tanio,

yes i've checked the signal of the halls. They are alright!

Thomas

gaetano
Associate II

Hi Thomas,

when sensors are used, it is important connecting the motor phases in the right order. With reference to figure 2.2 on page 23 of User Manual, please, verify the motor wires on connector 7 are connected in the right order as specified in the attached figure (C-red, A-yellow,B-black).

Of course, these conditions apply with the preloaded firmware distributed with the kit.

Hoping it works,

Tanio