Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2009 at 20:37

Touch Sensing on STM32F10x

4 REPLIES 4
christophe239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2009 at 11:42

Hi

In the technical note ''Touch sensing software library (TSSL) frequently asked and anticipated questions (FAAQs)'' it says, that the TSL is also useable on STM32 controllers.

I downloaded the library for the STM8S and saw, that there are sections written in assembler. Is the assembler code compatible with both STM8S an STM32?

A seperate library-package for the STM32 isnt available for download.

My question is: Can i use the package ''STM8S Touch Sensing Library 1.1.0'' for STM32 too? Or will there be another release of the library for the STM32 in the future?

Thanks for any hints

thierry239955
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2009 at 20:37

Hi,

As you notice, the Touch Sensing Library is composed of some assembly sections which are specifically written for STM8 core. Unfortunately, these assembly sections are not compatible with the STM32 core. To get the library compatible with STM32, all assembly code must be reworked.

As a consequence, the STM8S Touch Sensing Library can only be run onto STM8 core devices. However, I confirm you that we are planning to release a Touch Sensing Library targeting STM32 devices. We are not yet able to provide you a date for its availability.

Best Regards,

Thierry,

repzak
Associate II
Posted on March 24, 2010 at 07:21

Hello,

Now one year later, how is the situation on STM32 Touch?

Thierry GUILHOT
ST Employee
Posted on February 17, 2011 at 12:39

Hi,

I'm cleaning the Forum and as your topic was not closed I take this opportunity to answer to you. There is currently no plan to release a touch sensing library compatible with the STM32F1xx products.

However, with the new STM32L1 product family to be available soon, we will deliver a touch sensing solution similar to what is available on STM8L.

Best Regards,

Thierry,