Associate II
Posted on September 11, 2008 at 11:54

using RLink with ST stand alone JTAG programmer

4 REPLIES 4
robosoft
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:55

Hi,

Is there a way to use the RLink jtag adapter with the ST stand alone programming software ? I need .obj file to program, but my compiler (KEIL µV) can only generate elf and hex files.

vincentchoplin9
Associate II

Hi,

You can use RLink/STR9 with CAPS (from ST), or RIDE, RFlasher, or STR9_pgm. (from RAISONANCE)

RIDE, RFlasher and CAPS will work with hex or elf files, but STR9_pgm can only work with obj files. obj files can be generated from hex files using CAPS or RFlasher. See my answer to this post for instructions on how to do it with RFlasher and STR9_pgm (and a patch if you are using one of the big STR9s):

http://www.raisonance.com/Forum/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2555

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Vincent

ibtissem
Associate II

Hello,

I think that you mean by ST stand alone programming software the sw tool for STR9 devices ''JTAG programmer''.

With this SW you can use either RLINK ''Raisonance emulator'' or F-Link ''ST emulator''.

The input of this SW is an Hex file (you can use the file generated by Keil µvision with no problem) after, this SW will generate the obj file (output : hex file + additional info the tool add).

Just specify the path of the hex file, click on ''Merge Info'' => you will obtain the obj file.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Best Regards,

Ibtissem.

robosoft
Associate II

It works fine for me with RFlasher. Thanks for response !

Luc