Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2008 at 08:19

STM3210B-Eval/Ride7/IAP

5 REPLIES 5
hervett
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:28

Hello everybody,

I bought the starter kit fron Raisonance but the STM32 on the board is the 64 pin version, and me i want the 100 pins verison. So i have decided to get the STM3210B-eval in order to have the right version of the STM32. I have not a JTAG interface, but i've seen i can download program on the STM32 of the ST's BORAD with RS232. If i sum up my searches about this subject:

I write my program with ride 7

I convert the ride file in a binary file

I switch on the STM3210B-eval board pushing on the IAP button

I choose to download my program in HyperTerminal of windows

And after it will be OK.....

Can you confirm that ?

So if i sum up again,can I use and download program on the STM3210B-eval board, only with ride7 and a RS232 wire ..?? or the IAP firmwire is it already in the STM32 ?

Thank you very much ...

HerveTT :D

lanchon
Associate II

apparently you can but I wouldn't recommend it, I believe it takes a long time to program the flash via RS-232, *much* more than the theoretical minimum. ask around. I don't think the bootloader is a useful tool for development.

go to olimex.com (several US distributors also) and take a look at the two ARM JTAG dongles. they work with OpenOCD. download eclipse CDT and the c++ codesourcery environment from this forum and you're set to go, with all non-proprietary tools.

if the olimex dongle is too expensive, you can build your own OpenOCD compatible dongle for next to nothing (but time).

right now if you need debugging you'll have to integrate the pieces yourself (or use anglia idealist I think), but soon the open source arm distributions will fully support the cortex-m3 when codesourcery is merged into the official GCC.

bob239955
Associate II

[ This message was edited by: bobz on 16-04-2008 20:06 ]

lanchon
Associate II

when I researched the issue I easily found many options including FTDI USB dongles. check on the openocd site the supported dongles. I guess they must support at least the parallel port ''wiggler'' interface, just google it.

hervett
Associate II

Hi everybody ,

Really thank you for all your answers, and I looked all of your things, but in fact i have an other solution, and i see that today, and i hope it will be help other people with the same problems, but with the STARTER KIT of RAISONANCE, you can Debug and download program on an other board, like a STM3210B-eval. There is on the evaluation board, an embedded JTAG so you plug this embedded JTAG on the STM3210B-eval with a custom flat wire and it's OK ! There is a topic of that in the Forum of Raisonance.

I will try this the last week and I will give you some news about this.

Really thank you again .

With best regards.

HerveTT :D