Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2010 at 13:31

Setup NicheLite TCP/IP stack example (AN3000) in RMII mode on STM3210C-EVAL

5 REPLIES 5
sylvain239955_st
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:37

Hi,

I was able to run the NicheLite TCP/IP stack example (AN3000) in MII mode on STM3210C-EVAL board.

I am trying to run the example in RMII mode (changed the defined in the code), but it is not working.

Do we need to remove R30 (0 ohm) to get the example working in RMII mode?

sylvain239955_st
Associate II

Is there anything that need to be change in the example (that is not in the documentation provided with the example) to get this example working in RMII mode?

ngaylard2
Associate II

Hi,

How have you got on with your testing? I'm working on an implementing a TCP/IP stack using RMII but haven't got it working yet (LWIP)

Regards

stephane239955_st
Associate

Hi,

i am trying to run the nichelite demo on my stm3210C-eval board but i am using Ride7 from Raisonance (gcc compiler) so i had to make some changes on the project and now, the program get stuck in the HardFault_ Handler.

Do you also use gcc, in this case i am very interested in your nichelite code !

Did you use some special configuration ?

Regards

Stephane

Hello Stephane,

NicheLite TCP/IP stack is available for IAR and KEIL development tools only. It has not been ported on Raisonance (gcc) development tool for the moment.

Many problems can bring to hardFault_handler at run time.

Please comment the while(1) instruction of hardfault_handler. Build the project without optimization and put a break point on hardfault_handler.

When prg stop on this breakpoint, do a stepi in the asm view. Usually it is enough to point out the asm instruction (line) that generate the hardfault.

I also suppose you ported .s (asm file) from IAR or KEIL  to GCC, didn't you?

Best regards

Pascal