Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2008 at 11:20

Sleepmode control in STM32

3 REPLIES 3
simonsigaard9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:22

Hi all

As I am relatively inexperienced with the Cortex-M3 (and also to a certain degree embedded programming), my question may seem trivial to some of you, in that case, bear with me.

Anyway, my environment is IAR Embedded Workbench v4.42A, while using the Keil MCBSTM32 v1.1 development board. The board has been stripped of IC1, IC6 & IC7 along with disabling the diodes, all in order to reduce power-usage.

My question is: Since I need to do some performance/response-time testing on the sleepmodes, I wonder what (if any) pitfalls I need to avoid when entering/exiting the modes.

In fact, I am unsure which sleepmodes are available and thus also how to actually utilize them. :-? I have tried searching the datasheet and various other sources for relevant sleepmode-information, but the results seem inconclusive and at best confusing. This is where you guys come in, if you have anything to say about it, please feel free to do so 😉

Regards,

Simon

obtronix
Associate II

did you read AN2629?

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/13922.pdf

simonsigaard9
Associate II

It seems this was what I was missing...odd that I didn't stumble upon it before...

Anyway, thanks 🙂