Posted on August 08, 2008 at 05:43

Anglia IDEaliST and Olimex ARM-USB-TINY

3 REPLIES 3
mykola
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:54

Hi All,

I managed to work out a partial answer.

IDEaliST generates a 'openocd.cfg' file automatically in the project root (I was looking in the IDEaliST install directory beforehand).

Whenever the debugger gets started, a new 'openocd.cfg' file is generated and overwrites the old one. So hand editing this file is pointless.

The way I got the debugger working was to untick ''AutoStart Debug Driver when Debugging'' in Debug options, and starting OpenOCD manually in a command prompt with the correct config file.

I still haven't got the 'Program Flash...' facility going...

[I might have a good look at Code::Blocks and see if I can get the tools integrated easier???]

regards,

Mykola

mykola
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to get Anglia IDEaliST (IDE ver 1.61; Toolchain ver 1.62) with the Olimex ARM-USB-TINY.

I downloaded the latest openocd (openocd-ftd2xx; svn 717) and managed to get the Jtag hardware recognised and the debugger working (Yagarto).

I had to do one change and that was to change the PID from 0x0003 to 0x004, and keep VID as 0x15BA. PID of 0x0003 is for ARM-USB-OCD.

Functioning configuration file attached.

Now, looking at IDEaliST, there is an (older) version of openocd included. 'olimex-jtag' is available as a hardware option in the GUI, as is necessary. But beyond that, the GUI configuration is limiting.

Unfortunately I cannot find any configuration file to manually adjust settings (PID, etc).

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

regards,

Mykola

mykola
Associate II

Hi,

I am still getting a ''Hardware Setup Failed, Check Connections'' pop-up (title on pop-up is ''IDEaliST\Plugins\idestr9'') when trying to program the flash.

Any ideas what the configuration should be?

Any reasonable documentation for IDEaliST?

regards,

Mykola

PS The reason I am posting here, is that this products has been referred to, and on person is developing for it????