joshh
Associate II
Posted on October 15, 2009 at 07:07

In-Aplication programming with uart not working

7 REPLIES 7
joshh
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:50

Can anybody give me some pointers on how to track down the cause of this problem. All I have been able to track down is that it keeps going to the reset line in the 91x_vect.s file. Is there any way of finding out why this is?

joshh
Associate II

I am trying to get the In-Application Programming example working on our eval board using the IAR 4.42a workbench. It compiles and loads on to the board but does not get past the initialization program. When I ran the program with the debugger I found that it goes straight from program start to line 38 ( LDR PC, Reset_Addr) in 91x_vect.s. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

[ This message was edited by: joshh on 29-02-2008 21:40 ]

jilisegiar
Associate II

Did you follow the steps described in the STR9 In-Application Programming using UART application note(see attached file, section 1).

May you need also to use EWARM4.42A.

joshh
Associate II

I am using 4.42a. The 4.3 in the first post was a typo I did not notice. Is there anything special I need to do to have the program loaded onto bank 1 or is that already set up in the project files?

[ This message was edited by: joshh on 01-03-2008 20:28 ]

jilisegiar
Associate II

You need first to remap the bank 1 to address 0 before loading the IAP.

You can use the JlinkSTR91x.exe utility to do this.

See the following link:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-6333-21.html

joshh
Associate II

That fixed it. Thanks

ozenozkaya
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to run the IAP by usart. I could achieved to run the application for the ST's compiler systick example but i couldn't run it for any other code. I am converting the axf to bin and sending it via hyperterminal. It always fails in the 9th packet. Do you have any information about that? What must i do to use the IAP for any project.

Thanks and Regards...