Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2009 at 05:22

GPIO EXTI and AFIO clock

4 REPLIES 4
guyvo67
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:07

hi,

When I define a GPIO pin and bind it with EXTI this works only when I set the RCC_APB2Periph_AFIO clock on. The interrupt isn't triggered when only the RCC_APB2Periph_GPIOC clock is set. My GPIO pin is just defined as normal pin like:

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_1;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_IPU;

(--> so not alternative declared )

I did some searches in the datasheet (ref manual) but I couldn't find anything that says the AFIO clock must be set using EXTI regardless what pin type you use.

Can anyone point me to my answer I'm looking for ?

Thnx

Guy

bissong
Associate II

Hi, if you look at page 125 of the Reference Manual (RM0008) you 'll see that the AFIO registers are needed to know on which port each EXTI need to be. So I guess it implies that you need to clock AFIO as you want it to work...

guyvo67
Associate II

Quote:

if you look at page 125 of the Reference Manual (RM0008) you 'll see that the AFIO registers

In RM0008 on page 125 there are only two following registers described:

EXTI_RTSR

EXTI_FTSR

They are for setting the edge to be triggered and in my opinion have nothing to do with AFIO.

The only thing I found was on page 114.The AFIO_EXTICR1 registers that enables the gpio pin/port for EXTIx. So here you can deduce the fact that the AFIO clock needs to be set to enable the OR gate when needed. But it's a bit confusing because the AF are also applicable on the pin remaps.

-G

bissong
Associate II

It seems that we dont have the same RM0008 because on my page 125 there is only ''Figure 16. External interrupt/event GPIO mapping'' where you can see that AFIO_EXTICRx registers are the one which link an EXTI with its source.