Associate II
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 16:38

Problems bootloading

6 REPLIES 6
anm
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:29

Hi!

I've written a program with IAR Embedded Workbench, compiled it, linked it and with JTAG it works fine.

Now I wanted to send it via bootloading - but it does not work. The flash loader demonstrator sais, that the bootloading procedure was OK, but the program does not start on the target.

What could that be?

Thanks!

Regards, Andy

tomas23
Associate II

Question is which file format you offer to Flashloader and to which address you try to load the program. Is it really .bin?

The programs start at 0x08000000 usually.

Do you have proper linker files? Does the program start standalone if after you program it via JTAG, eg. after repowering the board?

anm
Associate II

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. I get a .out format out of the IAR Embedded workbechn, but someone told me just to change it to .hex in the Linker Options. Is this correct?

I looked the memory up with JTAG - the file contains the same data as the controller beginning at 0x08000000. But it does not really start...

Do you know IAR Embedded Workbench? I checked the Linker settings (where the memory is located etc. - should all be correct...)

The program starts standalone when I program it through JTAG, yes!

Regards, Andi

tomas23
Associate II

In the UM0462 it's written that it accepts .bin, .hex and .s19 (Motorola HEX). IAR .out has got debug information inside and is not compatible with these formats.

So please use either of supported formats, .hex should be fine.

anm
Associate II

Hi!

Now I get a .bin file out of the linker - there was an option ''Output Converter''. But it does not start - the memory is filled with the same info as I program it with JTAG...

anm
Associate II

Finally it works! Thanks, thanks, thanks. My big mistake was the header info in the hex file....

*PAAAAARTY*