russ
Associate II
Posted on July 18, 2008 at 21:50

Program doesn't run after a reset

7 REPLIES 7
russ
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:39

I have a simple program in my STM32F103R6 that lights up LEDs. The program runs fine after programming (using CrossStudio and a CrossConnect Lite), but if I de-power the processor the program does not restart and illuminate the LEDs.

I am running in Flash Debug Mode.

Also, it looks like CrossStudio is rebuilding my entire project every time I build (as opposed to simply rebuilding the changed files). Can I make it rebuild only the necessary files.

Thanks in advance.

russ
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:39

Note: if I manually hit the restart button while the program is running it shuts down and doesn't begin executing that I can see (LEDs don't turn on).

russ
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:40

If I am in JTAG debug mode and the program is executing and I hit the reset button it gives me the following error: Error Reading from Memory.

I really hope with all these clues somebody can give me a hand with this. I feel pretty lost.

russ
Associate II

If I reset the target using the JTAG interface it comes back to life, but if I manually reset the processor by bringing the JNTRST to ground the system does NOT come back to life.

If I pull JNTRST to ground while the processor is running the system does NOT reset that I can tell. I assume this is normal.

[ This message was edited by: russ1 on 18-07-2008 20:54 ]

russ
Associate II

Thank you TONS!!! You turned a crappy day into a good one for me.

jj
Associate II

Questions:

1) Is your board an official one? Which one?

2) Are you powering from the JTAG only or second source?

3) If you are powering from other than JTAG - how have you

solved ''power supply conflicts?''

4) Have you scoped 3V3 and confirmed that power ''holds up''

even when many Leds are on?

5) Any chance that your JTAG (or a cohort's) can accept and

run under Keil or IAR ''free'' eval version. Nice to know if

the problem continues under that circumstance.

Sorry I haven't anything more concrete - keep trying...

miles
Associate II

That's a crossworks configuration issue. You need to define STARTUP_FROM_RESET when building STM32F10x_Startup.s

For more details, search this forum, or the Rowley FAQ (http://ccgi.rowley.co.uk/support/faq.php).

- Miles