Associate II
Posted on August 05, 2008 at 21:26

USART faultISR

5 REPLIES 5
suyongyao
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:40

Hi all,

i got problem when trying to run the USART example 2 & 4(interrupt) on STM32 kickstart board via IAR JTAG debugger.

The examples were successfully compiled, but it seems like hang or not responding when i click 'GO'. And, after I click the 'break' on toolbar, the call stack window shows that: FaultISR() [PC = oxFFFFFFF0]

Then i tried to comment the USART_IT_TXE to disable the transmitter interrupt. And clicked the 'GO' and 'break', i din see the FaultISR anymore. It seems like the TX interrupt keep firing and hang the program.

/*part of the code*/

/* Configure USART1 */

USART_Init(USART1, &USART_InitStructure);

/* Configure USART2 */

USART_Init(USART2, &USART_InitStructure);

/* Enable USART1 Receive and Transmit interrupts */

USART_ITConfig(USART1, USART_IT_RXNE, ENABLE);

// USART_ITConfig(USART1, USART_IT_TXE, ENABLE);

/* Enable USART2 Receive and Transmit interrupts */

USART_ITConfig(USART2, USART_IT_RXNE, ENABLE);

// USART_ITConfig(USART2, USART_IT_TXE, ENABLE);

/* Enable the USART1 */

USART_Cmd(USART1, ENABLE);

/* Enable the USART2 */

USART_Cmd(USART2, ENABLE);

I don't know why is this so as i'm using the example code.. Does anyone have this problem too? I've spend weeks to troubleshoot but i've no clue.. Please help me. Thank you.

[ This message was edited by: suyongyao on 03-08-2008 06:29 ]

asterix
Associate II

Hi suyongyao,

I'm running IAR v5.20 and I do not found the examples 2 & 3 you are talking about ? Here is my installation folder. I presume that we should download the latest packages from IAR web site.

Asterix,

suyongyao
Associate II

Hi Asterix,

Thank you for the reply.

You can download the firmware library(Jul2008 version) example at:

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/um0427.zip

I've problem running:

1. ..\FWLib\examples\USART\HyperTerminal_Interrupt

2. ..\FWLib\examples\USART\Interrupt

On the Disassembly window, whenever that is a interrupt occured, the pc counter goes to FaultISR() and loop infinitely there for my case.

You can try to run that to check if it's working fine. If yes, it might be my hardware/circuits problem. Please let me know if you've tried, thank you.

Yong Yao

asterix
Associate II

Hi Yong Yao,

I've downloaded the files as you suggested, However looking at the Readme.txt file, I read that this examples are working for :

Hardware environment

====================

This example runs on STMicroelectronics STM3210B-EVAL and STM3210E-EVAL evaluation boards and can be easily tailored to any other hardware.

For IAR STM32 kickstart board, I think that some checks must be carried on the hardware side and to compare if the same pins and signals are available on both boards. I haven't enough time to figure it out, I let you investigate it alone 🙂

Clt,

Asterix.

bd2000
Associate

Ok. I have the same problem for all eg in the uart folder. after a lot of investigation, i found out that the pin mapping is for the eval board and you need to change pin mapping to make it work with the kickstart pcb.

I am new to st micro products. I have been using intel8080,8085 then 89c51ed2 - these are much simpler to use, but have limitation. STM32 kickstart kit should give examples with their kit for uart.

E-mail me on

mailto:bd2000@talk21.com

. I might be able to help or share some info

🙂