Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2009 at 12:15

STM8S208MB UART3 Interrupt Problem

4 REPLIES 4
acgtysr
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:02

Hi there ,

I am very new both to microcontroller programming and microcontrollers.

I am using Ride7 compiler and Rlink programmer and STM8S-128 EVAL BOARD.

I was trying to understand. While trying, I got help from the FWLIB examples. But UART3 Interrupt Example bugs me very much even though I programmed compiled example interrupt source of UART3-HyperTerminal-Interrupt directory . UART3 RX and TX Interrupts don't work . Here is the sample source of mine.

void UART3_TX_IRQHandler (void) interrupt 20

{

something();

}

void UART3_RX_IRQHandler (void) interrupt 21

{

something();

}

void main(void)

{

enableInterrupts();

CLK_HSIPrescalerConfig(CLK_PRESCALER_HSIDIV1);

UART3_DeInit();

UART3_Init((u32)9600, UART3_WORDLENGTH_8D, UART3_STOPBITS_1,UART3_PARITY_NO, UART3_MODE_TXRX_ENABLE);

UART3_ITConfig(UART3_IT_RXNE_OR, ENABLE);

UART3_ITConfig(UART3_IT_TXE,ENABLE);

while (1);

}

I wrote down the necessary header files which were specified in readme.txt in the UART3-Hyperterminal-Interrupt directory , at the begining of my source file . What do I miss ? What am I doing wrong ? Please help. Thanks.

[ This message was edited by: acgtysr on 15-04-2009 15:12 ]

[ This message was edited by: acgtysr on 15-04-2009 15:26 ]

acgtysr
Associate II

okay I solved that problem. After your instructions , i was able to make it work. Thanks for your help.

best regards

acgtysr
Associate II

First of all thanks for your interest, I did exactly what you said but while compiling RIDE brought out a fail. Fail is such as this ;

Copyright (c) Raisonance S.A.S. 1987-2009. All rights reserved

***ERROR 100 : UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL

SYMBOL : ?assert_failed(Project)

LINK/LOCATE RUN COMPLETE, 1 ERROR FOUND.

mozra27
Associate II

Hi,

Firstly, It seems that you use an old version for the stm8s firmware library because the USART3 examples are deleted from the library. You can download the new Library from this link:

http://www.st.com/products/support/micro/files/stm8sfwlib.zip

You can refer to UART1_Interrupt in the library, This example provides a basic communication between UART1 and UART3 using interrupts.

To make the example work with RIDE you should do the following update in the RIDE project properties: update the type for small enum variables char by int (project\properties\Compiler option\code generation\type for small enum variables\int)

Let me know if have solved your issue

Regards

mozra