embedded23
Associate II
Posted on July 23, 2009 at 18:09

Cannot Clear EXTI Interrupts

4 REPLIES 4
embedded23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:17

I'm having a problem that seems common on these forums but the solutions offered do not seem to work for me.

I have enabled several external interrupts that go to a membrane keypad. However, when the code runs, 4 of the external lines are always triggered and cannot be cleared. If I disable these 4 lines, the other external interrupts work fine.

The lines are all pulled up and I have tried disconnecting the keypad with the same result. I have ensured that the AFIO clock is running. I have also tried disabling other ports that use the same pins but the same 4 lines are still triggered.

Anyone have any thoughts on what else might cause this?

embedded23
Associate II

So I stripped my program to the bone and still have issues. It seems that using the MCO interferes with configuring an external interrupt on Port D.

Furthermore, I stripped the program so that it only initializes the AFIO clock, DeInits all the GPIO, then configures the EXTI and the NVIC. Absolutely nothing is running. And I still have 2 EXTI interrupts pending that will not clear.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

embedded23
Associate II

please help :-[

i can't even get a response from tech support on this issue.

briand.myers9
Associate II

Maybe you could provide some more clues for us - for example, do you know why two of your four lines are now working? i.e. What changed, between four not working, and two not working?

And maybe post some of the relevant code?

cheers,

Brian