Associate III
Posted on August 18, 2009 at 19:23

SPI remap and use MOSI as GPIO

3 REPLIES 3
robertwood9
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:20

Folks,

Am using a 36pin QFN package F101 and am rather confused about conflicting messages between the datasheet and reference manual. The datasheet seems to indicate you can map the SPI to port A pins 4, 5, 6 and 7, but the reference manual says you can only do remapping on the 100 and 144 pin packages which seems contradictory.

Also, when remapped, I don't need the MISO or SS pins, can I still use them as GPIOs?

Many thanks,

Rob

[ This message was edited by: robert.wood on 15-08-2009 11:18 ]

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi Rob,

Yes, you can use SS and MISO as GPIO. Regarding the conflict you are referring to, I'm not able to find it :-(. Here is a screen-shot from our Reference Manual RM0008 version 9.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

robertwood9
Associate III

Many thanks, STOne-32. I think I was getting confused between the default alternate function and remapping. I thought they were the same thing, but they're actually two different things by the looks for it. Good to be absolutely sure you can choose the unused pins even when the SPI is picked!

I do have another issue which I'm not clear on though!

For this pin:

PA0 WKUP/USART2_CTS/ADC_IN0/TIM2_CH1_ETR(6)

Is the ADC chosen when you choose the analogue function for this pin and the USART CTS if the UART function is chosen? If the UART is picked, does the analogue override this?

Thanks again,

Rob