ken2
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2009 at 15:14

STM32 Eval Board Reversed Video

5 REPLIES 5
ccowdery9
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:24

There are two versions of the LCD on the demo board - are you building for the right one?

Chris.

ken2
Associate II

I'm just getting started with the STM3210E-Eval board and IAR toolkit.

When received the demo application came up and the LCD display looked fine.

As a part of learning the tool set I rebuilt the entire demo application and downloaded it to the board. Now the board boots, and the demo app seems to run fine except the video is a mirror image of what it should be. For example, the text reads right to left instead of left to right and the characters are flipped backwards too.

I'd like to start development with a working example so I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

ken2
Associate II

Thanks for the reply.

A comment in the supplied lcd.c code says it supports the AM-240320L8TNQWOOH display, the LCD on the board is labeled 240320LDREVA, both are from Ampire. Not sure if that's the problem or not but there doesn't seem to be support in the code for two different displays.

ken2
Associate II

After throwing out all the IAR code and using only ST supplied code it is now working. The latest code that IAR ships for the STM3210E-EVAL board has badly broken video.

ken2
Associate II

A little more research revealed that the code that IAR distributes for this board is not the same as the code ST sends out with the board. The ST code supports two different LCD displays but the IAR code must be older since it supports only one.

Replacing the older IAR LCD code with the latest ST code didn't help though. The reversed video problem remains.