cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install new version (3.0) of Dfuse with older version already installed.

cloos9
Associate
Posted on October 05, 2009 at 16:23

install new version (3.0) of Dfuse with older version already installed.

3 REPLIES 3
tomas23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:25

Try this: connect the device and uninstall the driver in Device manager or try to reinstall. Other option would be to delete the inf file containing link to old STtube from \windows\inf.

No guarantee, however 🙂

cloos9
Associate

Hi,

A while ago I installed Dfuse version 2.0.3 (STTub203.sys/ STDFU.inf), and

the STDFU.inf we used was modified with our USB VID/PID's.

Recentely a newer version of Dfuse became available (3.00), and we used these sources to build our own ''Dfuse application'' to upgrade the firmware of our devices.

For this reason we also modified the newer STDFU.inf file with our USB VID/PID's. But whenever I plug in a USB device the ''old'' .inf file is still used. How do I un-install this old stdfu.inf from my PC.

Whenever I plug in the device and try installing via ''Found new hardware wizzard'' it only wants to look for a ''STTub203.sys'' instead of the newer ''STTub30.sys''

I already tried removing Dfuse via ''add/remove programs'' but for some reason the old inf seems to be still in control.

How do I get rid of this old dfuse driver ?

jeba
Associate II

Hello,

If you are still there i wonder if you could help me. I also want to change VID and PID. I replace all 0483 (ST VID) to 24BE (our VID) in the STDFU.inf file. I also replace 0483 in DFU_DeviceDescriptor(usb_desc.c). My device gets installed but a dialog says the device cannot be started with error code 10.

Any hints

BR

Jens