irv
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2009 at 13:23

Simple USB C example for STM3210C eval kit

3 REPLIES 3
irv
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:27

I recently picked up an STM3210C eval kit (STMF107VCT). No problems writing code for all the peripherals - works great. However, I'm working on a USB Host only application and am having difficulty understanding where to start with respect to using the USB drivers included with the kit (new to USB and the included documentation is very sparse. My application is simple and therefore I don't need a fancy host stack. I just want to plug in a USB memory stick, enumerate and read and write some files in the simplest way possible. Is there a simple code example of this somewhere on the ST web site? Or can someone provide something?

Thanx,

Irv

tomas23
Associate II

Hello Irv,

ST goes the way of 3rd parties, that offer the USB host stacks paid. I'd recommend to you a) real study of USB specification, b) look at Linux USB implementation and re-use, it's GNU GPL, after all.

For host, today there is no easy solution...

irv
Associate II

I should've been clearer. All I want to do is read and write a couple of sectors and don't need to deal with the whole file system. I've done this in the past using a Cypress SL811HC USB host and it was really simple. Not much code at all and it only took a few hours of programming. I based it on a simple example that was supplied by Cypress and was hoping that STM had something similar. The host stack developers must've have been given something to start with.

Irv