Associate II
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 14:57

loading the data to display ram

2 REPLIES 2
abhinavbose87
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:29

i have a display lcd from EA DOGM162L-A whose data sheet can be found at

http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ELECTRONIC-ASSEMBLY/EA-DOGM162L-A/?qs=s9z6UkyjM7oV4999Q8yEyQ%3d%3d

(in the documents tab).

i have to get the display to show hello world and i want to use the SPI interface to do it.so i soldered the display to the board so that i use the SPI2 interface according to page 4 of the display data sheet(3.3V SPI).

following the initialisation sequence in the data sheet,i understood i have to first write the data 55H into the display ram so that i can get the display to start.

also i have downloaded the stm32 standard peripheral library from stm site from

http://www.st.com/mcu/modules.php?name=mcu&file=devicedocs&DEV=STM32F103RB#Firmware

so my present trouble is

1)how do i get the spi2 driver installed from the library i downloaded(is it necessary to install at all?)

2)once i resolve the SPI issue how can i proceed to write data 55H to display ram so that my display can come to life

3)this is the final objective, how do i get the hello world printed on the display?

tomas23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:29

Hello abhinavbose87,

the installation of library only ensures, that you approve the license, otherwise it's only set of source and project files. So do install, anyway.

In the library is a subdirectory Examples. Find one of the SPI examples, modify to suit SPI2 and try to send whatever you want to the display.

Your last question, how to display Hello world, is half of the job: download the controller datasheet, send commands one-by-one, initialize properly the display (beware of the delays necessary for the commands to execue, may be even few milliseconds), setup the address position and send the characters as a data stream.

The initialization sequence examples are in the document you pointed to.

Be careful, the RS pin tells the controller if the data are ASCII (=1) or commands (=0).

Next, check in the controller datasheet, what is the polarity and phase of the SPI clock, and setup the proper in the library example.