Associate II
Posted on December 05, 2009 at 17:09

STVP automation

5 REPLIES 5
damir
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:06

HI,

how can I automate STVP to program flash from LabVIEW using project file? Why alt+key is not working in STVP? How to program F keys in STVP?

Is there a command line version of STVP? I use RLINK. Ride7 is not working

with my code(I may not change the code in any way). How to reset MCU in STVP(how to drive reset line on RLINK)? Any doc on RLink_WinUSB.dll? Ride7 can do it from command line, but can not handle my s19 file :-[

Damir

vincentchoplin9
Associate II

Hi,

When you say ''Ride7 can do it from command line, but can not handle my s19 file'', I guess you are referring to ''STM8_pgm.exe'', aren't you?

If yes, then STM8_pgm indeed only handles hex files for now, but there are several solutions: (cleanest first)

1. Modify your linker options to generate a hex file at the same time you generate the s19 file.

2. Use any of the many utilities available for free on the web for converting s19 files to hex. (objcopy from any gcc suite can do it, for example) You can also use RFlasher7 (provided along with Ride7) to convert your s19 file to hex format: RFlasher7 can read s19 files to its internal memory, and then save it to a hex file. Then you can program this hex file to the devices flash with STM8_pgm.exe.

3. Use STVP to program your device once with the s19 file, then use STM8_pgm.exe to dump the content of the flash into a hex file. Then you can program this hex file on other devices with STM8_pgm.exe.

4. Wait for the next version of the RKit-STM8, in which STM8_pgm will be able to read s19 files right away. I could send you a test-version but it would not be fully validated, so I rather recommend one of the other solutions above.

RLink_WinUSB.dll is not public, not guaranteed to be backward-compatible, and therefore not documented. You calling it is not an option.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Raisonance support

damir
Associate II

Hello, Vincent

I tried all you suggested before posting problem on forum. I tried dumping hex from programmed MCU. The answer is !!!ErrorFF:No error currently. (Read out protection is off) It generates no file, even if I make a blank file, command erases it. I converted s19 to hex with few programs and asked software vendor to do it from source, but the answer is always ''!!! Error 203: Unable to read data to program from file .....hex.''. Rflasher7 pops up a message ''No response from the DTC''. My solution was automation of STVP with AutoIt (simulation of mouse cliks)and hardware for disconecting Reset line from Rlink to start MCU. Simulation of mouse clicks has serious drawbacks on portability to different PC, so I would be very interested to test a new version of stm8_pgm. My application is mid volume ATE. I had similar project based on ARM. I used Keil uVision. It can be called with parameters from command line and generates report file.

Perfect for automation. Perhaps you should consider to do it in Raisonance tools.

Regards

Damir

vincentchoplin9
Associate II

Hi,

From what you say, I suspect that you have an old or corrupted version of the Raisonance software.

Please fill the following form and send the answers to ''support@raisonance.com'':

http://raisonance-forum.xsalto.com/viewtopic.php?id=2231

Most importantly I'll need to know the versions of _both_ the Ride and RKit-STM8 kits, the RLink serial number, the complete name of the STM8 derivative that you are using, a s19 or hex file that shows the problem, and the complete command-line that you use to invoke STM8_pgm. But the other questions of the form are important too.

Best Regards,

Vincent

damir
Associate II

Hi, Vincent

I downloaded new version of SW and now everything works fine (with hex). I'm impressed with suport for so low priced product.

Thank you very much.

Damir