Associate
Posted on December 10, 2009 at 16:55

STR9 Ethernet resetting micro

2 REPLIES 2
giancarlo2
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:00

Hello all,

I'm using the STR9-comStick to try to develop an application that can send and receive test data and results over ethernet. I'm having the issue that the application runs fine for an indeterminate amount of time (a few tenths of seconds to a few seconds), and then the processor resets itself. I'm using the uIP stack and low-level drivers that ship with the comStick (e.g. v1.1 of 91x_enet.c). I've tried everything I can think of to make the program as simple as possible and debug it, but it keeps falling over.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate method of getting to the bottom of this issue, or know of some existing issue that might be the root cause? I'm happy to share my code if it means I can get this working reliably. I would be eternally grateful for any assistance.

GianCarlo

tomas23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:00

If you use interrupts, don't forget to set VICx->DVAR to appropriate default handler.

If not handled (see spurious interrupts here on forum), the behavior SEEMS like reset, but in real it's a jump to address 0 caused by misplaced default vector in IRQ handler.