Associate II
Posted on November 12, 2009 at 03:10

STM3210C-EVAL USB Driver

24 REPLIES 24
gawie1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:17

Hi

I got my hands on the new STM3210C-EVAL board and am busy converting my STM3210E-EVAL project to run on in. Everything is fine except the USB driver. The STM3210E-EVAL hosted an High Density part and therefore an USB FS Device peripheral where as the STM3210C-EVAL hosted an Connectivity Line part and therefore an USB FS OTG peripheral.

I have been using the STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib with great success up to now, but it is not suitable for the USB FS OTG peripheral. I have downloaded the STM32_OTG_LIB (and associated pdf), but it only have source for the OTG low level driver and the rest is done with the uC/USB driver (in binary form) from Micrium. All I want to do is to combine the low level OTG driver (STM32_OTG_LIB) with the Device stack from the STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib, as I am only interested in the Device capabilities of the USB peripheral for now.

Will this be possible? Am I on the right track? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gawie

[ This message was edited by: gawie on 10-07-2009 10:49 ]

gawie1
Associate II

An update from ST via their representative:

''We are working to delivery Full Functions for USB Device Peripheral, we should have it within September 2009.

For OTG & HOST, for the moment, we are not forecast to deliver something new.

''

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi Gawie,

This is correct and we may release it during Summer 2009. Do you need only the device peripheral : is it for a know class or do will implement your own custom one.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

PS : Are you in South Africa ? 🙂

gawie1
Associate II

Hi STOne-32

The device peripheral will do for now, but we will need host capabilities later on. May be OTG as well...

I modified your Custom HID class for my own purposes.

Yes, I am from SA. Why? 😉

Cheers,

Gawie

gawie1
Associate II

Hi STOne-32

I know they say that the new USB library will be released in September, but what is the chance of getting a Beta so long? 😉

Cheers,

Gawie

gawie1
Associate II

Hi STOne-32

Any reply from your side?

Cheers

Gawie

gawie1
Associate II

Hi STOne-32

Any reply from your side?

Cheers

Gawie

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi gawie,

We are preparing our new version to be release by end of summer 2009, we do not provide a beta version yet. Please note that it would be only for device peripheral. we would not provide a Host or OTG Libraries for Free as we did for peripherals, However many of our partners already provide it with minimum cost :

http://www.st.com/mcu/inchtml-pages-stm32_tools.html Go to USB Host and OTG stacks for the STM32 Connectivity Line

Cheers,

STOne-32.

uniskz
Associate

Hi STOne-32,

Quote:

We are preparing our new version to be release by end of summer 2009...

Today was last day of summer...

Any news about new release?