cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil MDK 5 RTOS and ST STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib

John F.
Senior
Posted on January 27, 2014 at 17:51

Does anyone know if it's possible to use functions from the STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib in a project built with Keil MDK 5 and

using the CMSIS RTOS and Keil middleware

please?

I cannot use the STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib functions unless I define ''USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER'' and if I do define it, I get errors from the Keil files.

I have raised a support ticket with Keil, but thought to ask here too for help.
3 REPLIES 3
John F.
Senior
Posted on January 30, 2014 at 13:55

In case anyone is interested or finds this post in the future; Keil replied,

''Yes, there are conflicts in our drivers and the ST library.

I think the basic idea to work around this problem is to clearly separate the source code into parts that USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER and the part that does not USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER, which includes the RTE code. In uVision you can use source groups for this type of separation.

So do not globally enable USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER in your project, but only in the modules (source groups) that really use the ST library.''

I haven’t tried this yet as I’ve reverted to the Keil MDK4 environment but it sounds plausible.

yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on February 01, 2014 at 08:43

our big problems with keil is that they are selfish and do not use perfect ST driver libs and use their basic and buggy drivers that do not support all peripherals.

Keil MDK have good compiler is that it is not keil compiler ,in fact it is ARM compiler.

Keil IDE is not good IDE like as visual studio or many open source IDEs.

Their driver are not professional at all.(can be used for schools)

I hope keil make driver layer independent from other layes and let us use ST lib in MDK 5.

yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on February 01, 2014 at 08:46

I think in future only the

ARM compiler

of MDK will be

useable

and other parts like as middleware and drivers are

useless

for developers.(if keil does not change it procedure)