cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBEMX 4.9.0 Updater check fails during access to HTTP Server

John F.
Senior
Posted on July 14, 2015 at 10:18

I have installed STM32CUBEMX 4.9.0. on my Win7 PC. Using Help/Install New Libraries I can download and install for example Firmware Package for Family STM32F4. However, Help/Check for Updates (or the Check button in the New Libraries Manager pane) produces an error with the Connection to HTTP Server green progress bar stopped at about 50% and the pop up message ''Error during Access to HTTP Server. Please check Proxy ...''

I am using the Use System Proxy Parameters setting but have also tried a manual configuration that works OK with Rowley CrossWorks IDE. Pressing the Check connection button always brings up a green tick regardless of the Proxy Server Type radio button setting.

Is this a CubeMX problem? Any advice please?
5 REPLIES 5
chrif
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2015 at 12:03

Hi John,

I have installed the cubeMx 4.9.0 and I have updated many packages with no problem.

Do you use credential sharing? I suspect that the problem is related to your proxy settings.

Best regards

John F.
Senior
Posted on July 14, 2015 at 12:21

Hi thanks for your response. I work in a secure commercial environment so it's likely the problem is at our end. I just wanted to enquire here first before getting our IT department involved. As I said, the file download works fine but the update check doesn't. I wondered why one part worked when the other doesn't.

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on July 15, 2015 at 16:54

Hello John,

Your issue has not been reproduced.

Do you still encounter the error?

Thanks for your feedback.

John F.
Senior
Posted on July 15, 2015 at 17:22

Hi,

Thanks for following this up. Today - it works. I am using the Use System Proxy Parameters setting and have made no changes. The PC has been powered down overnight and up again this morning. I can't explain it but for now anyway both ''Check for Updates'' and ''Install New Libraries'' are working!

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on July 17, 2015 at 15:00

Good news.

Thank you John for the feedback.