cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiled HAL Library Errors

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 20, 2017 at 02:23

Ever since the dawn of HAL, every HAL library I have tried has contained compiler detected errors. My latest frustration source is the STM32L4xx HAL library version 1.6.0. The problems are diverse and include:

1.         Typo differences in peripheral register bit definitions between the reference manual, the device stm32l4yyxx.h file and  the hal peripheral .c file (yy = 76, 86, etc.).
  2.         Missing peripheral register bit definitions in the device stm32lyyxx.h file.
  3.         Hal peripheral .c file with a code segment with no conditional compile referencing a conditionally compiled parameter.

Some of the problems I can fix myself, but I don’t think I should have to. The root problem seems to be incomplete or non-existent library compile and fix before release.

It’s tough to get universal HAL acceptance with stuff like this going on.

Hal

3 REPLIES 3
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on February 20, 2017 at 11:57

Hi

Baird.Hal

Could you please provide more detailsabout the issue that you have encountered using the

STM32L4xx HAL library version 1.6.0, so that it will be easier to check and report internally?

-Nesrine-

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 20, 2017 at 15:58

The issue is simple - the libraries need to be compiled and all compiler detected errors fixed before release.

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 20, 2017 at 22:33

My apologies.

I had updated the HAL Peripheral Library, but the device header file stm32L476xx.h was a previous version. I get a clean compile now.

Hal