Did you mean: 

stm32 and android

brazov22
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2011 at 07:58

Hi all,

does it exist libraries and a toolkit for STM32 able to connect through 

Bluetooth 

smart phones android based to STM32? Is there any plan to devolop it?

brazov2

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 13, 2011 at 17:29

does it exist libraries and a toolkit for STM32 able to connect through 

Bluetooth 

smart phones android based to STM32? Is there any plan to devolop it?

It strikes me that this wouldn't even need to be STM32 centric, there should be vendors in the commercial marketplace addressing Bluetooth/Android connectivity. Hardware, stacks, whatever. I'm not sure ST is going to provide free resources to every niche application, but they do maintain a list of consultants with experience in varied fields.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
brazov22
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2011 at 17:56

Why not? Others did it!

Posted on June 14, 2011 at 21:51

Why not?

Because I don't want YOUR software engineering costs amortized into MY part costs.

I'm not suggesting that having such a library wouldn't be beneficial in the general sense, but that as a business case for ST (or whomever) the cost of writing and licensing a ''free'' library is not without real cost. ST is in the business of selling chips, tens of millions of them, it is the job of software engineers/developers to write/integrate code to make their projects viable.

Maybe there is some ''open-source'' project out there that you can port, these however do not come without their own licensing and utilization issues.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..