Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2010 at 10:52

STM32 RMII ethernet clock

3 REPLIES 3
ngaylard2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:39

General update. 

We have a valid ethernet link established and the library reset functions that interface with the MAC require a functioning and correctly clocked PHY so reset. 

Currently in the process of porting the STM32 uip demo to Crossworks 2, on the STM32 so will update this thread when I get a full TCP/IP stack running.

janvi2
Associate II

>Currently in the process of porting the STM32 uip demo to Crossworks 2, on >the STM32 so will update this thread when I get a full TCP/IP stack running.

Any news about success with your Webserver ? Currently I also have to choose a Phy. While the Hitex Comstick uses a (very MII compatible) STE100, the stm3210C-Eval and many others use Nationals DP83848 with RMII. As far as I can understand, RMII requires additional 50Mhz Oscillator at X1 why the RMII can be hardly recommended if the F107 IO pins for MII are not occupied ?

ngaylard2
Associate II

Hi,

We got our system working. Issues that we faced were Stack overflow (worth implementing real time stack monitoring) and also ensuring that while a packet was in the transmit buffer we held off/checked to see that the buffer was available before loading a second packet.

With the RMII clock we ended up running the STM32 at 36MHz and using an external 50MHz clock on the phy - which worked for us.