cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 FSMC and LCD problem - processor hangs!

tkjmail2
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2011 at 17:33

STM32 FSMC and LCD problem - processor hangs!

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:30

There are quite a few problems with prototypes, things missing from include files, and include files not included where they should be.

One particular problem is in SSD1963_touch.c, missing ''SSD1963_api.h'', and having two calls to LCD_Line() missing the final BackColor parameter.

Cleaned up a bit, and projected in Keil uv4

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tkjmail2
Associate II

Hi Clive.

Thank you. I knew the code wasn't clean - yet... 🙂

Though I might have found out why FSMC wasn't working. By switching to V3.1.2 of the StdPeriph library from ST, the ''FSMC hanging problem'' didn't occour.

Switching back to V3.4.0, the hanging problem comes back.

So there might be an issue with FSMC in V3.4.0 of the Standard Periphiral library!?

Best Regards

Thomas Jespersen

Should it work on a stock STM3210E? The one I have doesn't have a 7'' screen <G>

If you want to suggest a fix for SSD1963_touch.c, I'll build it in Keil uv4 to see if it is a compiler/optimization issue. I have closure on the other warnings/errors. If i don't use the include file, it will compile/link completely, but obviously call with only 4 parameters it might have issues. I suspect I can just pick a random background colour.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tkjmail2
Associate II

Dear Clive.

No, the STM3210E-EVAL board doesn't have 7'' display originally, but I've made an adapter board which plugs into the male header connectors.

It isn't the SSD1963_Touch.c which is the problem, it's the StdPeriph library!

I just want to warn the ST guys about this issue, and maybe they have a public issue tracker, so I could submit the error.

Best regards

Thomas Jespersen

infoinfo980
Associate II

Thomas, have you calculated the address setup time, address hold time and data setup time FSMC parameters for the 7'' display according to the formulas in section 2.6.2 of AN2790?