kkraus
Associate II
Posted on July 23, 2010 at 20:11

USB composite Device HID-Mass_Storage?

4 REPLIES 4
tsuneo
Senior
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:59

The USB device stack on STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib is not so kind for composite device.

I believe it's much easier on the KEIL example than ST library.

It suggests that ST library is more premature than KEIL one, though I don't think even KEIL one is so matured.

I recommend the ST library development team to try the composite device by themselves.

And then, they'll know too many common procedures are still scattered out on each class implementation. Such procedures should be moved to STM32_USB-FS-Device_Driver side, not in the each class implementation.

Tsuneo

tsuneo
Senior

I see.

As there are so many parts to merge the two classes on STM32_USB-FS-Device_Lib, you may drop a couple of them.

If it on Windows, change the VID/PID (at least PID) to new one.

And then, monitor the USB traffic on a hardware analyzer or a software sniffer. Sniffer gives you the clue to narrow down the problem(s).

Some software sniffers can monitor the enumeration sequence, for example,

USBlyzer (1 month trial)

http://www.usblyzer.com/

What is the first error on the sniffer?

Post the sniffer log around the first error, from 10 lines before to 10 lines after.

Tsuneo

kkraus
Associate II

Thnanks for your adivce.

Btw,  Keil does not support any STM32F107/105 (otg UBS-Host). This make my life not easier.

K.

jaroslaw23
Associate II

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6ZH&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bqq%2FOiz3.hEprAU5ZClN8UvUTL8fcwKngdw749._xwYpvcs&asPdf=false