Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2010 at 20:04

UML / State diagram code generation tool

#rtos #code-generation #qp #stm32 #state-machine #state-machine #uml
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:46

I've not used their code-generation capabilities, but have found both  VisualState from IAR and Enterprise Architect from Sparx systems to be pretty good for the modelling:

http://www.iar.se/website1/1.0.1.0/1389/1/

http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/products/ea/index.html

VisualState, as the name suggests, is just about sate machines, and is specifically targetted to embedded systems. It is expensive.

Enterprise Architect is (more of) a full UML tool, and not specifically embedded. It is inexpensive.

Gawie
Associate II

Hi Kasper

I have been using Quantum Leaps' state machine framework on the STM32 with great success - see 

www.state-machine.com

. I heard through he grapevine that they are working on a code generation tool for their framework - not sure when it will be available. 

You can also have a look at www.umlet.com - they have a free drawing tool that works great for designing state machines, etc. No code generation unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Gawie

miro
Associate

Update: Quantum Leaps offers now a

free, cross-platform, graphical UML modeling tool called QM? (www.state-machine.com/qm) for designing and implementing real-time embedded applications based on the QP state machine frameworks. QM? provides best-in-class, intuitive diagramming environment and generates very compact C or C++ code that is 100% traceable from your design. QM? is currently available for Windows and Linux (Mac OS X is planned in the future).

0690X00000602hVQAQ.jpg

The code generated by QM works on the STM32 microcontrollers. For more information about STM32, visit www.state-machine.com/arm.

Md Mubdiul Hasan
Associate III
Posted on October 28, 2016 at 09:37

Dear Sir,

I have just download this software.

Would you kindly tell me in what environment It gonna applicable?