Associate II
Posted on February 19, 2010 at 07:27

ZeroG

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:40

Why would it make a difference?

I'm sure people used to use Microchip's ehternet chips before STM32's were available with onboard ethernet.

And I'm sure people will continue to use other Microchip products...
repzak
Associate II

Hello,

Actually quite simple, the datasheet with registers,etc are not released to public, and the driver for the ZeroG module is licensed to microchip now and may only be used in microchip controllers.

Then there will be some hard work to make you own driver when you don't have any datasheet.

Kasper

repzak
Associate II

Hello,

could you please then share the link/file, because my account only gives access to the electrical datasheet and nothing about the protocol/register/setup etc.

Kasper

Andrew Neil
Evangelist

No, that's not true.

You can create an account exactly as before by clicking the 'Create a New Account' button at 

http://support.zerogwireless.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5560

It is quite common for manufacturers to require registration in order to gain access to Datasheets, etc.

The 'Copyright' section of their Terms of  Use does seem bizarrely stupid, though!
tkjmail2
Associate II

I'm already working on this, porting the ZeroG code from an AVR Library I've made earlier... And this isn't difficult, as the code is in C too, so I only have to change the SPI routines, and some of the variable definitions!

I will return to you if I manage to get it working.

Best Regards

Thomas Jespersen

repzak
Associate II

Hello,

Yes i found that library ''WiShield'' if that is the one?..

I allready converted that into my code and properly going to test that today, only need to solder some wires on a ZeroG module to test it.

But i think this driver is very primitive also, it can not search for the AP and so... but first i need to verify it can work atleast before i desgin my board.

Kasper

tkjmail2
Associate II

Yeah, that's the one!

If you get it running before I do, please leave me a message 🙂

Thomas

repzak
Associate II

Hello,

I got it up running in Keil with their TCP/IP stack and dynamic ram allocation.

I just need to try to eliminate the need for copy the entire packet as done in the original driver, that is a of time wasted.

you can contact me through 

mailto:zerog.wifi@gmail.com

to get a copy, and then maybe we both can work to make the best solution for optimization.

Kasper