cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0 Discovery kit projects examples for Arduino, Mikroelektronika and ST MEMS DIL24 boards

Posted on June 01, 2012 at 16:50

Hi All,

STM32F0 Discovery kit projects examples for Arduino, Mikroelektronika and ST MEMS DIL24 boards are available from :

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm32f0discovery_projects_examples.zip

UM1525 user manual is available from :

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/USER_MANUAL/DM00050135.pdf

It explains how to set additional board to connect Arduino, Mikroelektronika or ST MEMS DIL24 boards.

All .c/.h sources files are provided for :

-Projects examples.

-Mikroelektronika mikroBUS connector access.

-Arduino UNO Analog in/Digital connector access

-ST MEMS DIL24 connector access.

Arduino basics functions are available. 

You should be able to develop projects and run existing sketch with few modifications.

mikroBUS functions access call should give you possibility to run existing clickBOARD project with few modification too.

All informations about STM32F0 Discovery kit are available from :

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/253215.jsp

Best regards

Pascal

#stm32f0-mikroelektronika-arduino #using-the-stm32-stdperiphlib
14 REPLIES 14
joesoftware
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2012 at 22:58

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6lc&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000buw%2FFtwnDBGK0ZIdflZBtnxRIm0Y5WpYuiALmFi62F.uH_Y&asPdf=false
Posted on September 17, 2012 at 01:32

You need to look at your stm32f0xx.h (library) and stm32f0xx_conf.h (project) files, and how the project has pathed the include directories the library and the project needs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2012 at 08:13

There is a mismatch:

Hi, i tried to use beebluetooth code on my stm32vldiscovery, but i can't compile..

Updating build tree...

gpio.c serial.c stm32f0xx_adc.c stm32f0xx_exti.c stm32f0xx_gpio.c stm32f0xx_misc.c stm32f0xx_pwr.c 

The VL_Discovery is not a F0 board.

If this is just a typo, follow clive's advice and check the path settings.

joesoftware
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2012 at 09:33

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6lh&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bux%2FskQz9I1RbbMTA9YQUXaLPeGNR5veDp9SUqdsLs.Lzxs&asPdf=false
Posted on September 17, 2012 at 17:21

I'm sorry, i found this in stm32VLdiscovery page, but it work on stm32f0 board as u said.

Could you cite the page.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vincenzo2
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 11:49

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the Arduino examples with EWARM but I have the following error:

Fatal Error[Pe1696]: cannot open source file ''core_cm0.h''

I have tried to copy ''core_cm0.h'' from the ''

STM32F0 Discovery kit firmware package, including 21 examples and preconfigured projects for 4 different IDEs

'' file and also the other missing files as reported during compiling but finally I can't perform such operation due to persistent errors. Has anybody experienced such issue? Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

Lupo

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 12:30

In the firmware package, this header file is in ../Libraries/CMSIS/Include.

It is hard to judge from outside how EWARM did setup the specific includes.

You might need to point the IDE to the includes directly, in the project settings.

I think ''Project Options->C/C++ compiler->Preprocessor'' would be the right place to add all include pathes, if necessary. (I'm just having a version of IAR EW for the RL78, so I can't reproduce you problem directly).

However, I am using CrossWorks for ARM development,  so I have to make these steps for each firmware example project I import.

vincenzo2
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 16:26

Thank you. I'll check as soon as I can and I'll let you know. In case of further needs I'll give you more details related to such issue.

vincenzo2
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 23:41

Hi,

following your suggestion the error is changed: now I have these:

Error[Ta041]: Cannot call intrinsic function ''__nounwind __DSB'' from Thumb mode in this architecture.

Error[Ta041]: Cannot call intrinsic function ''__nounwind __DSB'' from Thumb mode in this architecture.

Error while running C/C++ Compiler

loop.c  

Error while running C/C++ Compiler

main.c 

This is just an extraction of the all errors I have due to they are the same (very similar) for a total of 40. What's wrong? I'm just trying to use the Arduino TEST example firmware as is, in order to understand in which way it is possible to use the Arduino's code on the Discovery F0. Any ideas?

Thank you again.

Lupo