bruzzim
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2010 at 17:52

RTC alarm versus clock Counter

6 REPLIES 6
swhite2
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:42

When you update any RTC register you MUST wait for the operation to complete.

If you're using ST's standard peripheral library you accomplish this by a call to

RTC_WaitForLastTask();

(See the attached image)

I suspect you're not doing this and one or more writes are being missed.

damh
Associate II

If you only use stopmode, you can use the RTC_SECOND for frequent interrupts and then you doesn't have to update RTC at all.

If you use standbymode, too, you are forced in this cases to use RTC_ALARM!

bruzzim
Associate II

I use stop-mode and I'd really like to use RTC_SECOND but it simply doesn't work: once in stop-mode rtc second interrupts dont't awake the cpu. In fact reading the reference manual (pag. 61 table 11):

(about exiting from stop mode)

<<.. If WFI was used for entry: Any EXTI Line configured in Interrupt Mode( the corresponding EXTI Interrupt vector must be enavlled in the NVIC)>>

I understand that I need to configutre EXTI as Interrupt Event but as far as I know just ALARM has its own EXTI line (line 15) then SECOND INTERRUPT cannot awake from STOP.

Am I right?

ongth602
Associate

Hi,

You can't use RTC second interrupt in stop mode. Pls refer to application note AN2629.

BR,

Ong

filippo2991
Associate II

You would switch to  stm32f low power line as soon as they will be available. I heard that it can be awoke by lse interrupts. 

BR

Kaouther BELHADJ
Associate II

Only RTC Alarm Event mapped on EXTI Line 17 can wake up the system from Stop mode.  All details for stop mode enrty/ exit are available in RM0008 and you can find some examples in AN2629. teik_hong.ongFriday, May 14, 2010 8:40 AMRTC alarm versus clock Counter

Hi,

You can't use RTC second interrupt in stop mode. Pls refer to application note AN2629.

BR,

Ong