cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICP through SWD?

sima2
Associate III
Posted on September 01, 2011 at 09:07

Where can I find information how to program an STM32 through the SWD interface?

8 REPLIES 8
Posted on September 01, 2011 at 14:10

Try looking at some open source JTAG projects. Programming it this way is non-trivial.

Segger might have off the shelf tools for this, and driver libraries/api.

ST has some programming utilities aimed at automation. And coding for the serial port system boot loader is fairly trivial.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mcuisp2
Associate II
Posted on September 07, 2011 at 19:17

Our Versatile Handy Programmer, EP968, support program STM32, both SWD interface and UartISP interface, hope to helpful to you.

James Peng

http://www.mcuisp.com

Posted on September 07, 2011 at 19:58

Our Versatile Handy Programmer, EP968, support program STM32, both SWD interface and UartISP interface, hope to helpful to you.

Hi James, what's the pricing on that look like?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mcuisp2
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2011 at 10:30

Hi clive 1:

It's 1280RMB in china, less than 200$/PCS.

STM8S(SWIM) full series,STM8L(SWIM) full series,ST7FOXAxxx(ICC) is also support at this price.

James Peng

www.mcuisp.com

infoinfo988
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2011 at 13:07

I use the STM32VL-Discovery ST-Link for SWD debugging and firmware upload. The Discovery board costs £9 in the UK.

It works well on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

root
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2011 at 13:40

Hello,

Never tried it, but I know STVP (ST Visual Programmer) comes with a complete API to automate programming, and it supports JTAG and SWD via the ST Link.

ST Link utility also has an automatic mode.

Thomas.
Posted on September 09, 2011 at 15:36

I use the STM32VL-Discovery ST-Link for SWD debugging and firmware upload. The Discovery board costs £9 in the UK.

I think the OP is asking about the signalling protocol, and sequencing, presumably to do production programming. The ST-LINK is not a particularly ''industrialized'' solution.

infoinfo988
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2011 at 16:31

I assumed that it was a general question about programing via SWD.