Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 LIN : NO SUPPORT ?

FrancoB
Associate II
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 11:42

Hello everybody,

I use STM32F103VE  with Usart1 and Usart2 as LIN master controllers  and Usart3 as standar Usart.

But for FW... I find only two pages on reference manual....set relative flags and breif generic discussion ...

I don't find  nothing about LIN on StM32F1xx, STM8S/STM8A.

I find  in forums several questions about this  discussion but  no solutions  has been provided from ST.

It's possible that ? ST don't support this standard bus?

Please there somebdy that use LIN on STM321xx?

Please, could  ST  people help to provide link or documentation, application notes, library, examples for LIN bus?

Thanks in advance.  

#doing-your-own-homework #stm32f103-lin
3 REPLIES 3
David Littell
Senior III
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 14:00

It unfortunately sounds as if you want everything handed to you.  Sorry, the real world doesn't work that way.  Try google, or preferably ask.com.

Posted on August 29, 2012 at 16:19

ST represents a free LIN driver for the STM8, upon request to your ST support rep or FAE. Try starting there, or vendors like Vector.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm32-stm8_embedded_software_solutions.pdf

This is a user forum, with very little interaction from ST staff.

Looks like it's supportable with a standard USART implementation, you'll need to write or licence a protocol stack if that's what you need. At the very least talk to some of these vendors and determine which parts offer effortless implementation.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FrancoB
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2012 at 19:53

Hy

clive1

Thank you for

the answer ...

I tried

to find ...

but nothing

That's all

.. I