Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link requires admin rights...?

georg23
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2010 at 09:11

hi all,

apparently the ST-Link requires admin rights to allow program/debug. Specifically I observed that I can only program the STM8 ''Discovery Kit'' from my admin account, not the one with restricted access. Is this intended?

PS: I run Windows XP SP3 with STCD v4.1.4

Thanks in advance,

Georg
4 REPLIES 4
martinglunz9
Associate
Posted on March 04, 2010 at 10:33

Hi

I've got the same issue.

There's a convenient workaround possible (at least for me):

edit the desktop shortcut to the toos to use runas /savecred

Just add ''runas /savecred /user:admin_accout to the Target, e.g.:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe /savecred /user:admin_account C:\Programme\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp\stvp.exe

thomasblender9
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2010 at 19:33

I had the same problem. I solved it in Windows 7 by edit the properties of C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvd\stvdebug.exe.

Change to tap compatibility and enable run as admin.

georg23
Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2010 at 00:29

hi,

sorry for the late reply, I was on a business trip and had forgotten my discovery board... 

I will need to check your tipp at work, where I have the problems. However, I suspect that the (very) restricted access rights on my office PC prohibit the use of ''runas''. I'll report tomorrow...

Regards, 

Georg

georg23
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2010 at 07:50

hi again,

as expected, the access restrictions prevent using ''runas'' on my office PC. My workaround is using an external RLink instead of the built-in ST-Link. At home I use the ST-Link. Not a nice solution but it works for me. Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Regards, Georg