Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2010 at 17:26

STM3210C-EVAL: Application Example

#utasker-stm3210c-eval #stm3210c-leds #lis302-accelerometer-lcd-demo
11 REPLIES 11
steven_grunza
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:41

I can help you get started if you're willing to use GCC as your compiler.  I'm evaluating the STM32 line for use as a general purpose microcontroller and found the lack of ''Getting Started'' documenation frustrating.  I'm at the point now were I can build the GCC toolset for WinXP/Cygwin (although Linux and other *nix's should work the same), compile my code (using the ST libraries heavily), program the resulting file onto my STM3210C board, and if necessary debug with OpenOCD.  Let me know if you still need assistance, I fully understand how frustrating it can be to get started...

kashif
Associate II

hello steve!

i am also new to STM32 and need a lot of effort to get started with STM.

you are right about ''getting started material'' about STM32, it is not much available. i request you to help us understanding.

i have STM3210E-EVAL evaluation board. working on RIDE7 (Raisonance) with GCC C-Compiler. using RLink programmer/debugger.

i need a simple tutorial on this IDE to get started with a simple led blinking or serial comm program. you can give me some simple code with comments on each line to make it simple and self explanatory.

thanks in advance.

steven_grunza
Associate II

The code I have ready to go isn't exactly a simple LED flasher type of thing.  It uses the LCD to display results from the LIS302 3-axis accelerometer.  It builds using either the Code Sourcery G++ Lite tools or with tools built for RTEMS.  My base OS is WinXP running under Cygwin.   How can I get the code to you?

kashif
Associate II

sorry for late coming...... not familiar with the alert sys of the forum.

steven i appreciate if you write a simple led-toggle code in RIDE7 IDE (may be one of your earlier getting start sample projects) and put comments on each line to make us understand. i just need to learn the layout, how to include Headers, Functions, multiple Source Files and main body of the code.

i hope you understand what i am asking.

you can send me .rar file of the project or a compressed folder or individual files at my email (kashifilyas87@yahoo.com)

i will be very greatful to you.

hope to hear from you soon

kashif
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:42

thanks for your effort in advance. i have 2, 3 days in completing my hardware design. i will start work on RIDE7 after this. so i will be waiting for your email then.

Regards.

steven_grunza
Associate II

I'll need to download the RIDE7 IDE and put something together.  It will probably take a day or two.  Since it looks like the RIDE7 IDE is based on GCC it shouldn't be too difficult.

steven_grunza
Associate II

Well, here it is.  The ReadMe.txt gives some info about it but this is basically my first Ride7 project.  It flashes the LED's on the STM3210C eval board and that's about it.  If anyone has questions please post them and I'll try to answer.

Steven G.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist

''it looks like the RIDE7 IDE is based on GCC''

Yes, RIDE uses the GCC compilation tools - but the editor, project manager, etc are proprietary.

Posted on January 16, 2012 at 14:43

Where can I find your gcc example?  I would like some starter code, too.