cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Atollic and F4 discovery

cosmapa2
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2011 at 15:24

I followed the instructions in the UM147 Getting Started.

After importing the project, the files & folder show in the IDE but with an ! in the icons. This is the message that usually shows when the link to the folder containing the actual files is not set.

The manuals for other Discovery kits mention the need to set the link from the Windows>Preferences>Workspace menu. Is this step not necessary for the F4 kit or is it missing from the Doc.

Anyway, I did add a CurParh to the right folder but the ! has not disapeared.

#usb-driver #link #vista #stm32f4 #stm32f4 #st-link #atollic #st-link-v2 #usb-driver
8 REPLIES 8
cosmapa2
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2011 at 15:38

Never mind. I had v1.4 of Atollic opened instead of 2.2. It works as it says in the manual.

k8lh
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2011 at 21:43

I haven't had any luck following the instructions in the UM1467 document.  What's the secret, please?

Posted on October 28, 2011 at 14:33

I seem to be moving right along. With the demo programs, anyway. I haven't been able to get the DSP functions in the CMSIS libraries to compile.

Where are you getting stuck?
k8lh
Associate II
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 21:36

I was having trouble importing the example programs but that's sorted out now.

Now I'm having trouble getting the STLINK/V2 driver installed on my Win-7 laptop...

fritzcharleston
Associate
Posted on October 30, 2011 at 02:39

I'm having the same problem with the STLINK/V2.  I'm on a Windows Vista computer.  Every time I plug the Discovery board in, it acts like it's installing the driver, and says it's good, but I don't think it's true.   Also, using Keil's uVision, (which I got the furthest with, which is why I choose it) the example builds correctly, but when I go to make the next step it says that STLINK/ was not detected, or something like that.  

Have I missed something?
k8lh
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2011 at 12:52

Finally got STLINK/V2 driver installed.  I performed ''update driver'' from the Device Manager and let it search the Internet for a driver, but unlike previous attempts, this time it worked.  I've got a good driver and I was able to download and run a program on the board.  Yippee!

Thanks for the moral support guys.

Cheerful regards, Mike

spiovan9
Associate II
Posted on November 24, 2011 at 02:03

I confirm to be performed the STLINK V2 driver update within the ''device manager'' (Vista + Atollic). After a loooooooooooooong web search finally Vista has found a ''STLINK dongle driver'' and rebooted the PC twice. Atollic work with the STM32F4 Discovery eventually.

Thanks MIKE.

Stefano
spiovan9
Associate II
Posted on November 24, 2011 at 02:07

Hi,

I confirm to be performed the STLINK V2 driver update within the ''device manager'' (Vista + Atollic). After a loooooooooooooong web search finally Vista has found a ''STLINK dongle driver'' and rebooted the PC twice. Atollic work with the STM32F4 Discovery eventually.

Thanks MIKE.

Stefano