uy
Associate
Posted on March 19, 2010 at 09:45

TIM Firmware Library

3 REPLIES 3
darcy23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:43

Hi, it's probably not a good idea trying to learn how to use these processors purely by reading through the firmware library.  At the very least you should have a fleeting familiarity with the Cortex M3 platform as a whole (The free Hitex books are brilliant), followed by copies at hand of the reference manual (something like RM008) and probably the family specific manual (pinouts, electrical characteristics, etc).  Ideally you should be able to first work out how the peripheral needs to work by reading the descriptive sections in the manual.  Then you will have a much better ability to recognise what the library functions are trying to do.  The library implementation examples are also worth looking at once you know what functionality subset of the peripheral you'll be using

lowpowermcu
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:44

Hi,

Thanks Darcy for the advise.

In fact when I have started developping on STM32 I have found a good documentation about timers in the reference manual of STM32103.

I think that the reference manual couldn't be avoided if you want to uderstand and acquire a great competence on MCUs.

With regards,

MCU fan

uy
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:44

Thank you all for suggestions.