cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove NAND flash disk from Mass Storage Demo?

afinko
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2010 at 09:08

How to remove NAND flash disk from Mass Storage Demo?

4 REPLIES 4
jfong
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:58

Hi!

These names are in file scsi_data.c

You have two ways to remove the NAND disk from demo,

1. Study the codes through, then you will know what to remove.

2. Remove the files fsmc_nand.c/h from demo first and rebuild the project, let the compiler tells you what is missing and remove it. Repeatly doing this until there is no errors:-)

jfong
Associate II

The ''#define MAX_LUN 1'' in file mass_mal.h is a dummy. Instead, modify the variable ''Max_Lun'' in file usb_prop.c. If your project works on NAND and SD both, just change this variable to 0 is enough to make PC sees only the SD and it will work(no reason not to).

afinko
Associate II

>    These names are in file scsi_data.c

Thanks for that. I used CTRL+F function for finding it, but it is in:

'S', 'T', 'M', ' ', ' ', ' ', format, so I was unsuccessful.

>   You have two ways to remove the NAND disk from demo,

>   1. Study the codes through, then you will know what to remove.

>   2. Remove the files fsmc_nand.c/h from demo first and rebuild the project, let the compiler tells you what is missing and remove it. Repeatly doing this until there is no errors:-)

The problem is, that even if I remove all the functions connected with NAND, there will be two disks in PC. I need to find where it is configured to use two disks for mass storage demo and change it to one. I already removed the NAND functions. I even do not have the NAND chip on my own hardware, but in PC there are still two disks :(

I tried to change the:

#define MAX_LUN  1

to #define MAX_LUN  0

in mass_mal.h

there was only one disk in PC, it was only SD card (lucky), but the SD card was not working properly. I wasn't able to read and write to the SD card without error.

afinko
Associate II

>The ''#define MAX_LUN 1'' in file mass_mal.h is a dummy. Instead, modify the variable ''Max_Lun'' in file usb_prop.c. If your project works on NAND and SD both, just change this variable to 0 is enough to make PC sees only the SD and it will work(no reason not to).

I changed ''#define MAX_LUN 0'' in file mass_mal.h as well as ''Max_Lun'' in file usb_prop.c. Now it works without problem. Thanks for advice.

Just to complete the information where are stored the string information about USB device:

it is in scsi_data.c as well as in usb_desc.c