Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 00:35

ST-Link cannot connect to STM32 through SWD

#stm32-st-link-swd
4 REPLIES 4
ekawahyu2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:34

Sorry for the typo, I mean ST-Link doesn't talk to STM32W (STM32W108HB). Anyone knows how to set the SWD? Is it the same like STM32? Thanks.

It's going to take at least 3 wires.

You should get by with SWDIO, SWCLK, GND and VDD(I/O). The reset is optional, power cycle will work. If you're designing a board, the smart money would be on using the standard 10 pin (5x2) 0.05'' SWD connector.

I couldn't find a quick cite, but you probably want to double check support for the STM32W

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ekawahyu2
Associate II

I supposed it is the same with the rest of STM32. I could do it without problem with STM32 Discovery and STM3210C-EVAL. But the same connection (3 wires) I made to STM32W doesn't seem to work. ST-Link can see that something is connected to SWD, but it can't recognize what MCU is connected to it. Therefore, it gives me an error message for unrecognized MCU. I put pull-ups on both SWDIO and SWDCLK, but it doesn't seem to work either.

What do you think could be the issue here clive1? Thanks.

ekawahyu2
Associate II

I suspected that the ST-Link Upgrade tools provided for ST-Link V1 is of the wrong version. The readme.txt and the website says that the firmware version is V1.12.3, but in fact when I run it, it says V1.12.0. Anyone knows how to contact ST team to fix this issue with wrong versioning?

My STM32W hardware is fine with JTAG debugger, but not being able to connect using SWD.