Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM5 on STM32F107VC?

DiBosco
Senior
Posted on April 12, 2016 at 14:17

Folks,

I am writing some software on the STM32F107VC, but in the header files there is no trace of TIM5, its interrupt vector etc.

From what I can see from the datasheet this time should be on the processor. Am I misunderstanding something important or is possible that in this very old version of FreeRTOS, the header file is incomplete?

Many thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 12, 2016 at 14:28

Hi wood.robert,

What are you using as library?

If I refer to the STM32CubeF1 package, all TIM5 related details are there in the file STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.3.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F1xx\Include\stm32f107xc.h.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DiBosco
Senior
Posted on April 12, 2016 at 15:45

Hi Mayla,

It's files like this:

/******************** (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 STMicroelectronics ********************

* File Name          : stm32f10x_rcc.h

* Author             : MCD Application Team

* Date First Issued  : 09/29/2006

* Description        : This file contains all the functions prototypes for the

*                      RCC firmware library.

********************************************************************************

/******************** (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 STMicroelectronics ********************

* File Name          : stm32f10x_conf.h

* Author             : MCD Application Team

* Date First Issued  : 09/29/2006

* Description        : Library configuration file.

********************************************************************************

etc

They are very old files and this is an old version of a FreeRTOS app I'm trying to make additions to.

I don't have STM32 Cube, I think it only works on Windows.

Thanks,

Rob

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 12, 2016 at 16:21

This seems to be a very old version of the STM32F1 Standard Peripheral Library.

The more current one is V3.5.0:

* @file    stm32f10x_rcc.h

* @author  MCD Application Team

* @version V3.5.0

* @date    11-March-2011

* @brief   This file contains all the functions prototypes for the RCC firmware 

*          library.

******************************************************************************

You can get it from

http://www2.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-libraries/stsw-stm32054.html

Then, you can also download the

http://www2.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef1.html

package here.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DiBosco
Senior
Posted on April 12, 2016 at 16:38

Many thanks!