cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8 Discovery

Posted on April 28, 2010 at 19:04

Hi there,

Sorry about this, but I appear unable to get started...

I have tried compiling a number of the pre-written software such as the um0884 which should be the RS232 files...

But I just cannot compile or build the projects...

Ok it's been a few years, so I am a tad embarrassed by all this...

Could someone point me in the right direction...

I have downloaded the lastest sttoolset, and plan on using this compiler ''Cosmic CxSTM8 32K 4.3.4''

All I want to do is complile a basic programme just to familerise myself with how it all works and dump the file to the development board...

Only there seems to be a lot of documentation to wad through, what should I actually be looking at...

17 REPLIES 17
Posted on April 28, 2010 at 23:31

When I try and build the downloaded files I get the following error message: -

----------- Project discover - STM8 Cosmic - Configuration Debug -------------

Removing intermediate files ... Done!

----------- Project discover - STM8 Cosmic - Configuration Debug -------------

Compiling ..\..\src\main.c...

cxstm8 +mods0 +debug -pxp -pp -l -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8_touchsensing_driver\inc -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -i..\..\inc -i''..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\program files\stmicroelectronics\st_toolset\include'' -i..\..\..\includes -i..\..\..\..\stm8sfwlib\fwlib\library\inc -i..\..\..\..\stm8_ts_lib\includes -i''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_16K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ ..\..\src\main.c

#error cpstm8 E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\HSTM8\mods0.h:1 FlexLM incompatible feature

..\..\src\main.c:

The command: ''cxstm8 +mods0 +debug -pxp -pp -l -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8_touchsensing_driver\inc -i..\..\..\..\libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -i..\..\inc -i''..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\program files\stmicroelectronics\st_toolset\include'' -i..\..\..\includes -i..\..\..\..\stm8sfwlib\fwlib\library\inc -i..\..\..\..\stm8_ts_lib\includes -i''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_16K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ ..\..\src\main.c'' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

discover.elf - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The license agreemant is there, as I have double checked this after reading one of the other posts...

The file I am trying to build is (um0834.zip) or (STM8S-Discovery_dev) so I would have thought that all the files would have been ready for compiling etc...

Posted on April 28, 2010 at 23:45

After having a read through the STM8 threads it appears that some issues are apparent...

Am I right in thinking that I can no longer work from a seperate folder on the desktop, that it now has to be an integral part of the ST toolset in order for it to to compiled correctly...

Only I appear to be getting myself rather confused here...

Grom
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2010 at 12:29

Hy Icarus,

Could you give me the number of your STVD version ?

I will try to reproduce the problem by my side .

Grom

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 12:47

Looks like it's Version 4.1.5

I have been through the User Manual (UM0834) for the STM8S Discovery as I personally feel something is not set up correctly...

But as of yet I can not see where I am going wrong...

I've attached the file I am trying to compile... it's the PWM file as shown in the user manual...

Grom
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2010 at 13:35

I've modify a bit your project.

Could you retry it with this package ?

Grom

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 13:52

Hi Grom,

Thanks for this...

But, guess what: -

----------- Project set_up - STM8 Cosmic - Configuration Debug -------------

Compiling libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c...

cxstm8 -ilibraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -iproject\inc +debug -pxp -no -l +mods0 -pp -i''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c

#error cpstm8 E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\HSTM8\mods0.h:1 FlexLM incompatible feature

libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c:

The command: ''cxstm8 -ilibraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -iproject\inc +debug -pxp -no -l +mods0 -pp -i''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c'' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

set_up.elf - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

All that I have done is opened up the My Workspace.stw file in STVD and  pressed build (F7)

It appears something is not setup correctly here... any idea's what could be causing such an error...

Grom
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2010 at 14:03

I've change the compiler path to fit with my environement.

you need to change the compiler path in project>settings

0690X00000605cxQAA.png

Just replace it by your Cosmic install path : ''E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\''

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 14:16

I've changed the settings file to match what I have...

Still getting an error message...

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 14:35

I've just spent some time trying to identify where I might be going wrong with the latest  edition of the UM0834 (User Manual) February 2010 as the version I was using was November 2009...

But when I pressed Build All this is what I get...

Compiling libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c...

cxstm8 -ilibraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -iproject\inc +debug -pxp -no -l +mods0 -pp -i''E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c

#error cpstm8 E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\Hstm8\mods0.h:1 FlexLM incompatible feature

libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c:

The command: ''cxstm8 -ilibraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\inc -iproject\inc +debug -pxp -no -l +mods0 -pp -i''E:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_32K\Hstm8'' -clDebug\ -coDebug\ libraries\stm8s_stdperiph_driver\src\stm8s_tim2.c'' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

set_up.elf - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I've attached the current version of the file...