satnam2
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2010 at 15:34

UART2 RX int problem

6 REPLIES 6
Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:00

do all uarts have same hw interface? i notice you have a 422 enable command.  is it the same for all?  we also use 3uarts, but two of them are half duplex rs485 need disable the driver to be able to receive data.

satnam2
Associate II

Can you please send me your configuration code. I have checked all the datasheets and application notes but no difference has been give for any of the UARTS.

satnam2
Associate II

Yes all have the same hardware. They use the same Drivers and the rx is through a 4 channel opto coupler, one channel for each UART.

The waveform when checked on oscilloscope was the same for all MCU rx pins. 

Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II

yes i believe there is no difference. sorry our code will only confuse you since we dont use str9 standard library, all have been customized with special headers and data structures.  also my company will not let me.   but i can tell you our settings for specific registers if you want to know what we used.

i also notice now, so far we only used uart2 for TX and not yet for RX, although it is already programmed to do so.  but i am sure it will work.

we had previously many problems with receive interrupts when using simultaneously UART0/1/2, and we had to change our IRQHandler.  you may want to see AN2593.

satnam2
Associate II

By using simultaneously UART 0/1/2 -  does this mean, when all had the rx interrupt enabled?

I have all the interrupts enabled at all times and am using the standard 91x_it.c file to access IRQ. 

Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II

that source file has been updated 01/19/2009 include DAISY_VIC/IENABLE/IDISABLE macros.  are you using latest one?   however, our problem may be specific to our silicon revision. you can check str application notes for more information.