raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:56

Try replacing:

while((TIM3->SR & TIM_FLAG_CC2) != TIM_FLAG_CC2);

with:

while((TIM3->SR & TIM_FLAG_CC2) != RESET);

in two places.

Also - what range of frequencies are you trying to measure? Waiting for a printf after the first capture compare will limit your upper frequency.

Cheers, Hal

atox86
Associate II

Meanwhile, thanks for your interest.

I just tried but nothing has changed.

Always gives me zero frenquenza.

The signal I am simulating a frequency of 200Hz.

Ok take out the printf.

Overall missing a configuarazione to do?? All the code I wrote in first post

atox86
Associate II

anyone can help me????

raptorhal2
Lead

I will try....again.

The program may have locked out the interrupt. You enabled an interrupt, but as far as I can tell here, you did not clear the interrupt in an IRQ handler. See the vectors.c file int the STM library TIM examples for IRQ handler programming.

The IRQ handler is a good place to read the capture register, since the interrupt has just occurred. Your main.c can then printf without disturbing the capture timing.

Cheers, Hal

atox86
Associate II

Hello Cheers Hal, thank you very much for your help.

I did not understand what to do with IRQ handler sorry but this is the first time I make this type of programming and not the ST is helping me.

You think that there can be blocked interrupt? Stm32f10x_stdperiph_lib From the examples I see this call enables interrupts by ''TIM_ITConfig (TIM3, TIM_IT_CC2, ENABLE);'' and then configure the nvic through this function call

NVIC_Configuration void (void)

(

NVIC_InitTypeDef NVIC_InitStructure;

/ * Enable the Global Interrupt TIM3 * /

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannel = TIM3_IRQn;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelPreemptionPriority = 0;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelSubPriority = 1;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelCmd = ENABLE;

NVIC_Init (& NVIC_InitStructure);

)

I do not know what to do, I'm going crazy the brain.

Do not have a working code sample so I can understand how and what to do?? I searched throughout the forum but have not found anything that can help me.

Thanks again for your help

P.s.= i've found vectors.c but didn't help me :S

raptorhal2
Lead

STM has provided an example that does what you are trying to do. Go to the STM32 Downloads section and make the following selections:

Downloads

Documents and Files

Firmware

STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib

Download the library to your computer, and then make the following selections in the library directories:

Project

STMF10xStdPeriph_Examples

TIM

Input Capture

main.c          and          stm32f10x_it.c

main.c sets up the clocks, NVIC, timer interrupts, etc., then goes into an idle mode. stm32f10x_it.c contains the IRQ handler which services the interrupt, then computes the frequency.

If you wish to print out the frequency at some interval, you should add that to main.c as I stated in an earlier post.

This should get you going.

A votre sante !    Hal

raptorhal2
Lead

Your interrupt handler name is different from the standard peripheral library example. Perhaps your development environment TIM interrupt vector is pointing to a different interrupt handler.

Cheers, Hal

atox86
Associate II

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6ZC&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bqp%2FMt4SwoZzhR9xVpePQ0v2diC.Pu5Y2x8WgoGZNOtLzck&asPdf=false
atox86
Associate II

Ah ok then it must have the same function name in the library?? Did I call it differently to avoid confusion.

But I must call the main function or not?? Thanks again for your help