Associate II
Posted on June 23, 2010 at 18:55

DfeSeDemo.exe

2 REPLIES 2
chikos332
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:55

Hi,

If you mean Dfuse Demonstrator (used to demonstrate the USB DFU capabilities) then you can find it here

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/um0412.zip

and the user manual

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/um/13379.pdf

Cheers.

mikecgale
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:55

Thanks again. I found it yesterday actually, but I am now having great difficulty installing the .dfu image on the device. I tried installing the provided driver on Windows 7 (my machine uses a 32-bit installation), but it would refuse citing various reasons depending on which installation method was used. I tried throwing it on a Windows XP SP3 installation, and that was successful. However, neither Windows installation recognizes the ST3210E board when I connect it to the computer using the USB port. They do recognize my ST-Link adapter, which really has nothing to do with the board, but it does demonstrate there is nothing wrong with the USB sub-systems. They do not seem to recognize the board. When I run the DfeSeDemo.exe software, it does not display any targets, which seems to confirm the device is not being recognized and the driver is not being used.

Here is some information:

DfuSe Demo (v3.0.0)

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Dell Vostro 230

I believe I have configured the board correctly, but maybe there is something obvious? If I move the jumper from postion 2-3 to position 1-2, then Windows 7 finds the device, but cannot find a driver. I provided the one which comes with the DfuSe Demo, but it does nothing and instead reports that ''Windows has determined the driver for your device is up to date.'' It also reports (via the device manager) that ''Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)''

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Michael