mikecgale
Associate II
Posted on June 28, 2010 at 17:16

LCD programming on the ST3210E board

5 REPLIES 5
chikos332
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:56

The LCD on STM3210E-EVAL evaluation board is controlled by FSMC and seen by the microcontroller as just a memory.

So if you write to the entire memory you have no choice, the LCD internal driver (hw) will internally load data in a predefined order (ie. left to right, top to bottom).

If you want to write in a different order  you'll have to write line per line or column per column (which finally means point per point). This will make you waste a lot of time and instructions.

mikecgale
Associate II

The bigger question I have is where is the documentation describing all the registers listed in the st3210e_eval_lcd header file? That would be a big help!

P.S. - I am looking at the HX8312-A data sheet, but I am not sure if it is the correct one for the board, or if I am looking at the right document.

Thanks,

Michael

swhite2
Associate III

/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/ARM%20CortexM3%20STM32/DispForm.aspx?ID=12591&RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/ARM CortexM3 STM32/DMA SRAM to LCD (FSMC)

mikecgale
Associate II

Hey Stuart - Yes, I've perused the info. you posted in the other thread. Perhaps you could give me a hand interpreting the document? Have you worked with the std. peripheral library and the STM3210E-EVAL board? How much of the HX8312-A LCD controller is made available to us through registers? For example, I looking at page 95 in the section entitled ''Register Description'' and I am wondering if these are available to the programmer?

Michael

swhite2
Associate III

The LCD module connects to the CPU via the FSMC peripheral and therefore appears as memory locations in the address space. As I recall the controller has two directly addressable registers but many internal indirectly addressable ones.

The demo firmware for the STM3210E board can be

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/um0549.zip

The LCD driver source code is all there for you to look at.

I'm deep into a product design that uses a STM32F103VET6 and a TFT display module but it uses a different controller. I don't have the time to help much more.