Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ST-Link Detected with MDK-ARM

rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 08:14

Hello,

I'm totally novice and need your help.

I have installed the lastest version of the MDK-ARM from keil.

The result of the compilation is good, but when try to download the programm to the uC, the Software launch one message: ''

NO ST-Link Detected

''.

When I connect the DISCOVERY board to my USB, the led Blinks correctly, and 

and

I

could

update

the

firmware

of

the

system without

problems

Where is my problem?

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 08:56

Seems to work fine with 4.12 on Windows XP, and Vista 32-bit. STLink\ST-LINKIII-KEIL.DLL V1.5.1

What version, and OS are you using?

Make sure you have selected SWD mode in the configuration pane.

That the \Keil\ARM\STLink directory contains the latest driver files.

Check that the current user has Admin rights.

Do the ST-LINK utilities works? Is that app closed?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 12:59

Thanks for your reply clive1,

I have MDK-ARM 4.12 and WinXP.

Yes, I selected SWD in the ST-Link Setup.

My directory file C:\Keil\ARM\STLink contain:

- ST-LINKIII-KEIL.dll

- STLinkUSBDriver.dll

- stm32f10xGLoader.bin

- stm32f10xLoader.bin

- stm32wLoader.bin

I will try if the ST-LINK utilities works, but seems that the Discovery board connect successfull whit the PC because I updated successfull the firmware of the ST-link with the ST-LinkUpgrade.exe

Regards!

rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 22:03

Hello,

with the STM32 ST-LINK Utility also don't work. Where is my problem?

0690X00000603DgQAI.jpg

The problem is the WinXP? The St Drivers? ...

Thanks!

Posted on March 24, 2011 at 07:37

with the STM32 ST-LINK Utility also don't work. Where is my problem?

Dunno, perhaps your ST-LINK is busted, try it on a different PC.

If this is a VL discovery, do you still see the ''flash drive'' instantiation with the webpage/links to the documentation files when you plug it in.

Does your account have administrative rights? Do you have some AV software that might interfere with normal operations?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 24, 2011 at 12:50

In other PC occurs the same.

What is the VL Discovery?  I have one board with the STM32F100RBT6B that include the ST_LINK in the same board.

Yes, when connect the board to the PC, appears one window with 3 files (documentation files) and don't have any Antivirus and I have administrator privileges.

Its very Strange, because I can uptade the firmware without problems.

Regards!

Posted on March 25, 2011 at 13:16

What is the VL Discovery?

Honestly? You are posting on the STM32VL-Discovery forum. I was just try in make sure we were talking about the same thing, because the ST-LINK was available as a stand-alone JTAG pod look before it was integrated onto other boards.

Did it work properly before you updated the firmware, the devices I got from the first production run worked fine without one. Do you have any additional boards you could try, or did you jut get one?
rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2011 at 14:16

Thanks for your support clive1,

finally this morning I have ordered to EBV (Avnet) one pair more of STM23VLDiscovery boards, and one ST-Link. 

I never got a good communication with the PC, which this reason I upgrade the firmware on the board.

Posted on March 25, 2011 at 16:37

Perhaps you just got a dud. I picked up a handful for assorted projects and developers, they all seem to work fine across a range of PC's using XP and Vista.

rgalbany2
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2011 at 07:45

Bad News, after test with 3 STM32VLDISCOVERY and one ST-LINK in 3 differents PC's, the result is the same: ''NO STLINK Detected''. Now, I think that the problem maybe the Windows XP in Spanish. I will try to test in one PC with XP in english.