cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 & ethernet & board

biralti
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2012 at 10:23

Hi. I have a STM32f3220g-eval board.  I tried  lwip standalone stack. It doesn't work, I made same in the document UM1057. Jumpers and selecting modes from software are ok. Dhcp or pinging response does not work Also I loaded firmware (STM322xG_EVAL_FW_V1.2.0.hex) it didn't work. I tried udp server, client and tcp server/ client programs. In MII mode,I selected clock source both external 25 mhz and MCO pin and  result didn't change. I have just realized ''PHY write'' is  timeout. As I put a breakpoint program enters the loop. Is is  normal or about my problem? what do you think?  

if(!(ETH_WritePHYRegister(PHYAddress, PHY_MICR, tmpreg)))

{

/* Return ERROR in case of write timeout */

return ETH_ERROR;

}

I think something is wrong by hardware. Did anyone have a problem like this?

#stm32f3220g-eval-ethernet
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on June 29, 2012 at 12:56

Something upstream is busted, you're seeing a symptom not the cause.

Make sure you have the jumpers set correctly and get the demo working first.

Has the demo worked in the past?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
biralti
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2012 at 13:44

Thank you. 3  jumpers are correct. I already use demo files and  don't know about history of board. 

biralti
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2012 at 09:20

clive1 can give my any advice? What should I change? I changed modes except RMII, I only used MII. I tied the board to network with ethernet cable straight   and to PC straight. It didn't work. Is PHY Address same on all stm3220g-eval boards? Is it '1' ?

Posted on July 02, 2012 at 17:11

Dunno, I don't own this board so can't give you first-hand experience.

Wouldn't you want to be using a cross over cable? Straight cables are classically use to connect to hubs/switches. I'd probably use a cheap hub, that has LED indicators, and drop a connector to a network sniffer/analyzer.

Check the solder bridges are where they should, use a scope to check out critical signals and clocks. Make sure the board has ALL the default settings.

I would imagine all the ST STM322xG boards are the same, or very similar. If the PHY was at a different address it would be in an include file, or mentioned in the README.TXT
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
biralti
Associate II
Posted on July 03, 2012 at 14:17

There is nothing like readme.txt which shows the board's properties. I think as you say all 3220g-eval series are same and compatible.  I connected both cross and straight cables to network and PC even its own firmware doesn't work. I agree with you about testing signals. But I can just reach DP83848 transceiver's pins. I don't think there would be mistake or missing clock signal. But something is about  hardware. thank you for your interest.